Thursday, 26 July 2012

Week 4 journey

Well this week has had its challenges - problems with downloading of some products.  Just wastes so much of time and I become so frustrated!  how would this look to students, the teacher would look clueless and just not ready for the class.  For example my daughters class went to work on the ppt presentations the program was not responding so they had 40minutes of free time until something could be worked out!! Damn waste of time I say...

The image manipulation, loved it.  Though I did not upload a photo, I chose one from the site and played with it.  This would be great for an arts lesson in class, have  students expressing themselves.  Have them change their own profile photo to how they see themselves!!  This could be not at all interesting to students who are not interested in Art or have visual problems (colour blind).  This could lead to alot of interest in the class.  I am in no way artistic, cannot even draw a stick figure unless it is science related then 'bam' I could do it, this was very pleasing to use.

Podcasting, blah, blah, blah....not that really interesting for me.  Though i could see the use in the classroom.  Students can go online and make their own podcast and reflect on what they have learnt or what they would like to learn.  The negative if you have a student that requires images or something in front of them, they just will not engage with the material.  This could be used for visually impaired students, students who prefer to learn aurally.  This would allow for teacher/students to go back and listen and revise any missed work and advise what else they require to enhance their learning experience.   You can use podomatic to upload audio, videos and photos.  Minicasts are very easy to make and have a step by step guide also.  You can combine photos with audio files (very much like powerpoint).  Drawback need email account for students.  Takes a long time to down load images into podcast.  Learning theory could be constructivism and depending on what is being used for connectivism.  

minipodcast


Digital videos, I suppose I have already done.  Great  for technology and having students engage in the class.  They can make their own...most have phones with that ability on them!!

Just a bit cynical about this week.

Oh yeah made a Voki, but could not install due to the limitations set up by the uni...have to do it home.  Some of the constraints that will be in the schools is what we can and can't do with computers and how fast or slow it is.

Here is my Voki address..now that I am home

http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=4353800&height=267&width=200

No comments:

Post a Comment